San Francisco, CA
Posted on 2/25/2021
Thank you for checking out our careers page and for your interest in working for Truebill! Truebill is dedicated to providing the best candidate experience possible. We will only reach out to you through official channels with a truebill.com email. Please only apply to roles through our careers page: https://www.truebill.com/careers/.
Protect yourself from job scams! A reminder Truebill will never ask for any personal information until we have extended an offer from a @truebill.com verified email.
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
As a Y Combinator top company, Truebill’s mission is to improve the financial health of millions by transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through finding and canceling unnecessary subscriptions, lowering bills, and securing refunds, we save our members hundreds a year while helping them regain control over their finances.
We just announced a $17 million Series-C round of funding and have over 1 million users and counting. We are now looking to scale our all-star team in both San Francisco and the Washington, DC area. Come join the fun! 😃
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for interpreting the existing Truebill design language and skyrocketing it to another level. Focussing primarily on direct-response digital advertising, your work will be both the starting point for project ideation as well as the finishing touch to new and existing creative concepts. You understand the distinction between a pleasing look and one that stands out and disrupts a user’s feed, and you’re comfortable choosing the latter for the benefit of performance. Working in tandem with our in-house Content Strategist and Video Editors, you’ll design everything from digitally composed static ads to graphic elements put into motion for videos on multiple platforms. You will take everything from rough concepts to clearly defined ideas, and transform them into highly creative and tightly edited packages that entertain, educate, and elevate the Truebill brand. Your skills and sensibilities will help convert the average person looking to get control of their finances into lifetime Truebill users and proselytizers.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Work hand-in-hand with our in-house Content Strategist to build effective, direct-response ads catered to various user personas across multiple social media channels
- Deliver a regular cadence of static imagery in multiple sizes for weekly release schedule
- Design graphic elements, including text, for use in video ads to clearly communicate Truebill’s features in a concise, direct fashion, while bolstering the visual appearance, aesthetic quality, and hook appeal of a given concept
- Build pixel-perfect storyboards for app explainers with seamless hand-off to video editing team
- Design sign-up and landing pages for desktop and mobile web flow
- Participate in the creative ideation process, bringing new ideas to the table while offering a fresh perspective to pre-existing themes and concepts
- Iterate on existing ideas and projects to finely tune creative output for optimal results, pertaining to specific channels and platforms
- Format new and existing assets to properly fit all media platform best practices
- Establish project workflows for delivering multiple variations on a single concept
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously while constantly tracking to target completion date
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- 2+ years experience producing professional grade content for User Acquisition or Direct Marketing team
- Highly motivated team player. Collaborates effortlessly with co-workers, while shouldering solo project responsibilities and executing flawlessly
- Visually-minded, creative powerhouse
- Self starter who is excited by a challenge. Jumps on new opportunities and is always looking for ways to improve
- Stylistically flexible. Beginner’s mind approach to everything
- A strong desire to contribute to the creation of a diverse body of work that moves the needle within an exciting, fast growing company
- Able to envision multiple variations, versions, or options of a given concept into a wide range of visual interpretations
- Wizard with Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience in After-Effects or motion design a plus
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to understand project scope and accurately assess time availability
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly and communicate well with others
- Clear understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, and TikTok with ability to tweak one set of raw assets many different ways to best fit each platform's audience
- Experience with all relevant social media platforms
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Need bank fee refunds from overdraft? Want lower monthly bills and stay on top of your financial life? It doesn’t get easier. Download https://t.co/vnCY6zEpyOApply here