Assistant General Manager
New York City, NY
Posted on 3/5/2021
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for driving store KPI’s through managing a group of in-store Resales Sales Associates, Retail Experts, and Inventory Operations Specialists in our flagship store location. The AGM will lead the store team in providing top level service and sales experience for both customers and consignors, as well as leverage business partners to grow both inbound and outbound revenue. AGM will also support e commerce excellence through managing an in store fulfillment team to meet SLA’s. This leader will also be responsible for recruiting top level talent, fostering growth and development for internal staff to continue their development, and ensure staff is top level in terms of industry knowledge and trends to execute top level customer and consignor shopping experience.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Collaborate with the Head of Shop to ensure all business revenue goals are made - both supply and demand
- Develop top-level weekly, monthly and quarterly strategies to drive in store business and consignor relationships
- Action plan with individual Resale Sales Associates to ensure effective outreach strategies, consignor follow-up and appointment setting to make revenue goals
- Drive a 360 degree store experience by ensuring that the team is introducing customers to all TRR services and delivering on experience expectations
- Effectively drive omni-channel selling in the store location through meeting SLA requirements for fulfillment
- Quality check Stylist service initiatives, including quality of in-store appointments, communication to clients, etc
- Ambassador for luxury fashion and retail experience - able to inspire those on the shop floor
- Possess industry leading knowledge in topics such as: history of fashion, American fashion houses, EU fashion houses, fashion vocabulary, etc
- Conduct regular training and meetings with Resale Associates and Inventory Operations teams to drive both business initiatives and in-store learning
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop top level
- Ensure effective onboarding and training of new hires, utilizing all company tools
- Deliver regular feedback to partners in the field and headquarters
- Collaborate with in-store peer leadership to align on strategies and work as one team
- Possess a strong understanding of 4-wall product feedback and product needs
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 3+ years experience creating and delivering on key initiatives and goals
- 3+ years experience working in the luxury space in a client facing role
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.