Manager, Contact Center Operations
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
SonderMind is adding a Manager of Contact Center Operations to support the needs of our growing client base. In this role, you will be a crucial driver in leading a diverse and highly talented team. This includes designing processes, scaling across markets, and working closely with Product and our Provider Network to continuously improve the experience of our end users.
Success looks like
- Within two weeks, understand and master the customer support ticketing system and SonderMind platform and identify areas to optimize usage of the suite of tools
- Within three weeks, map and document roles, responsibilities and processes within Customer Support and Matching departments to create a ‘single source of truth’ for the team to use as we grow
- Within one month, understand and have a roadmap plan to improve productivity and quality KPIs
- Within two months, improve KPIs identifies in month at least 10%
- Within three months, convert >85% of inbound client referrals to scheduled visits
What you'll do
As our ideal candidate you have progressive contact center/customer service experience, or previous startup experience with proven ability to manage and lead a team. You enjoy training, mentoring, and professionally developing your team. You use data to inform your decision making. You thrive in an environment that is constantly changing.
What you'll bring with you
- Data Literacy: Ability to analyze data to understand complex processes and identify areas for improvement
- Managing Performance: Ability to lead, cultivate talent, grow and motivate front line team while also ensuring efficiency, quality and productivity in daily activities
- Balancing Stakeholders: ability to lead and influence cross-functionally with product, provider network, billing and other areas in order to ensure customer service processes are streamlined and delivering results
- 3+ years of Customer Service or Contact Center leadership experience in a high volume environment
- Customer service mentality and experience: Expertise and tangible results from designing, delivering, building or leading a best in class customer service experience
- Ability to and demonstrated experience in mapping processes and identifying and implementing areas for improvement
- Ability to sort and prioritize a high volume of activity and high pressure scenarios, and stay calm and focused on what’s important to advance SonderMind’s experience and outcomes for customers
- Experiencing scaling a team
- Experience working for a high growth company or startup
- Process Improvement or other Customer Experience certifications a plus
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
The anticipated salary range for this role starts at $100,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and variable bonus plan. Actual compensation is based commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This role can sit in the following locations:
- Denver, CO, RDU (Raleigh-Durham), NC, Nashville, TN, Boston, MA, Pittsburgh, PA, Chicago, IL, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Madison, WI
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind.
Our benefits include:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet your needs including HSA and FSA options.
- A flexible PTO policy, paid company holidays
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.