Field InspectorTweet about this!
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date, is based in Oakland, California and Dallas,Texas with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
We are looking for a Field Inspector to join our Streetlane Property Management team as the primary service provider for our single-family properties. This role will assist and report to the Regional Construction Manager and will deal with the preparation of resident properties for leasing activity, walk and perform home inspections, as well as other internal inspections and requirements deemed necessary. Some minor appearance related maintenance may be required. Previous experience in the following is a plus not required: construction, property management, or maintenance.
What You Will Do:
- Perform light cleaning inside and outside to make property appealing to prospective residents.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as dropping off checks, updating housing information, checking in on tenants.
- Activate self-entering lock boxes.
- Respond to residents courteously and takes responsibility for resolving concerns.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA/OSHA regulations.
- Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Proactively monitor the condition of assigned properties and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe conditions.
- Diagnose and perform maintenance or repair as directed.
- Responsible for move-in/move-out walk-through inspections as well as Pre-Renewal inspections.
- Take marketing photos and or videos as needed.
- Travel 100% of the time between homes within assigned local regions
- Work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
What You Will Bring With You:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years experience in residential property management or maintenance (apartment or single family)
- Ability to understand what it takes to get a residential property in rent ready condition.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, along with a "customer service" attitude.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with property management principles and lifecycles.
- Knowledgeable of water valves, circuit breakers and other home basics.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal laws governing Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws pertaining to real estate or leased properties.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, valid insurance, maintenance tools and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.