Backend Engineer - Global Infra
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a backend engineer on China Core Team, you will work closely with teams within the Roblox Engineering Organization including Infrastructure, Platforms, Services and various Products, enabling the best of Roblox platform to a global scale.
The China Core Team is a unique “special force” team in Roblox, focusing on high-impact and hyper-growth markets. The backend project you will be doing enables the Roblox platform to be fully capable of providing secure, reliable, and scalable service APIs for both external Roblox users and internal Roblox engineers. The backend service is also an integral part of the global user acquisition infrastructure that has a critical impact on the business success in China.
The China Core Team not only empowers Luobu, a joint venture with Tencent in China, but also advocates and supports Roblox’s other major global initiatives through collaboration and engineering. This role reports to the Engineering Manager or Director.
- Build cross platform features
- Collaborate between different teams to get things done
- Improve code quality in a performant and testable way
- Be able to identify critical areas that need tests and validation
- 4 – 10 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C++, C#, or Java
- Experience in working with highly-scalable systems in a production environment
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (JS, PHP, Python, Lua, etc)
- Solid experience in multithreaded and asynchronous programming
- Solid designing and programming skills
- Collaborative and communicative readiness
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar