Build Engineer - Game Engine Core SystemsTweet about this!
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Build Engineer for Core Systems on our Game Engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you will build is a very large and complex application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of our build and automation systems, from the scripts that power the release process to optimization of the compilation process itself. If you enjoy working on cutting-edge C++ and automation software alongside highly-skilled and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our rapidly-growing game engine team.
- Passionate: you love improving the efficiency of engineering teams, and you enjoy improving existing tools and authoring new ones
- Service-oriented: helping others makes a day fantastic for you
- Platform-savvy: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you create systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Programming language multilingual: You have worked with C++ before, but you are familiar with many others (Python, Lua, C#), and could build expertise quickly
- Experienced: You have used CMake, MSBuild, Xcode and Ninja, or other related tools. You understand how they work and are comfortable working on scripts written for these tools. You understand how the C++ build process works and have ideas on how to reduce build times
Develop and maintain the build system for the Roblox game engine, which will power the experiences of millions of users on the Roblox platform
Instrument and reduce build times for the Game Engine, in conjunction with other software engineers
- Automate existing workflows on the Game Engine team, using tools like GitHub actions or TeamCity
Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar