Computational Geometry Software EngineerTweet about this!
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
What You'll Do:
- Work on ROBLOX Studio, a developer environment where millions of kids learn to build and write code and some become quite successful at it.
- Freely access the rest of the platform code to deliver features.
- Work in a small team, driving a big part of developer experience.
What We're Looking For:
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in creating algorithms and solving math computational problems. A successful candidate has to demonstrate practical experience in the following areas:
- C++ programming. We need common basics + knowledge of Boost library
- Building complex object oriented software, knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Implementation and optimization of computational geometry algorithms on triangular meshes
- Good to have: Implementing graphical engines for visual representation of 3D models
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar