Android Engineer, AdsTweet about this!
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the Ad Formats & Optimizations team to shape the future of ad experiences on Reddit. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of ads products from the very beginning.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Join us in building the future of ads on Reddit!
About the role:
You’ll play a major role in both driving the Android development for ads projects and tackling tough design and product problems alongside other ads engineers. We are responsible for the appearance and usability of every ad on Reddit users see, how many ads they see, and the content ads can appear next to. We work with cross-functional partners across product, design, and even business development to explore the next generation of ad experiences on Reddit. We are looking for a product-focused Android engineer who is capable of working independently but also thrives in collaborative environments.
What you can expect from us:
- Architect, build, and ship high-quality ad products for Reddit’s official Android app
- Spearhead the full Android development cycle: design, develop, QA, experiment, analyze, and deploy
- Work with a cross-functional team to build high quality experiences that meet customer needs
- Contribute to the direction of future mobile architecture at Reddit
- Improve Reddit for everyone. We constantly seek to balance advertiser needs with user experience with projects like reporting and hiding ads that put more control in the hands of Reddit users
What we can expect from you:
- 1+ years of experience writing high quality Android code
- Expertise in Java and/or Kotlin
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail (both technical and product-oriented) with every feature
- Willingness to proactively collaborate cross functionally
- Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that improves people’s lives globally
- Experience in ads domain
- If you don’t feel like you meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to still apply!