Associate DevOps Engineer
As a member of the DevOps team, the Associate DevOps Engineer at Protenus is responsible for the daily operation, scalability, and agility of the Protenus platform. The Associate DevOps Engineer utilizes infrastructure-as-code and CICD best practices to design, implement, and operate innovative technical solutions which provide the core infrastructure for our SaaS platform. These components ensure the safety and security of patient data within our data repositories in order to protect one of our most important assets: the trust that exists between our company and our customers.
To read more about our DevOps team and how we are scaling for the future, check out the blog article our Director of Infrastructure, Aaron Stahl, wrote for our tech blog.
- Assists with infrastructure updates, both of an operational and architectural nature.
- Ensures the operational excellence of the customer experience, focusing on uptime, security, and maintainability of the infrastructure.
- Assists with the ongoing compliance goals of Protenus through partnerships with the Security and Policy & Procedure teams.
- Creates robust infrastructure documentation and workflows for use within Protenus teams.
Key Qualifications, Skills, Competencies
- 2+ years experience in a related technical field (i.e. DevOps, Systems Administration, Production Engineering).
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with core technical concepts needed for Linux environment troubleshooting: networking, SSH, SSL, databases, JVMs, etc.
- Familiarity with commercial cloud environments (AWS experience preferred).
- Understanding of core cloud services
- Basic knowledge of cloud security controls
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code frameworks, templating languages, and artifact creation:
- Infrastructure Frameworks: Terraform, CloudFormation
- Artifact Creation: Docker Containers, AWS AMIs, or similar
- Hands-on experience writing code, utilizing SCM systems, and participating in pull request reviews.
- Automation-first mindset -- we’re heavily invested in the Infrastructure-as-Code approach, so you should be comfortable editing (or creating) Python or Go utilities.
- Comfortable working in an Agile (Kanban or Scrum) workflow with other technical peers and colleagues. A collaborative mindset with a sense of personal ownership for your work is a must.
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Protenus is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Join our team to see how you can learn and grow with us.
Protenus uses artificial intelligence to reduce risk and save resources for the nation’s leading health systems, detecting and preventing compliance violations such as breaches to patient privacy and incidents of clinical drug diversion. Compliance analytics provide healthcare leaders full insight into how health data is being used, and alerts privacy, pharmacy and compliance teams to inappropriate activity. Protenus helps our partner hospitals make decisions about how to better protect their data, their patients, and their institutions.
For two consecutive years, Protenus was named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers and one of CBInsights Digital Health 150. Protenus was also named the 2020 and 2019 KLAS Category Leader in Patient Privacy Monitoring and one of The Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. In 2019, Protenus was awarded the Best Places to Work in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal and the Baltimore Sun. Learn more at Protenus.com and follow us on Twitter @Protenus.