Developer Success Engineer
At Prisma, we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the leading-edge architecture and technology used in today’s data-intensive, highly scalable software systems, with distributed graph data on a massive scale, but you want the energy, challenges, and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins, we are a small distributed team working on making the advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all application developers around the world. Our hard work is paying off, with adoption and implementation of Prisma by some of the most successful and interesting companies out there today, and the fun is just beginning!
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. We have a vibrant community on Slack and Github - with over 40,000 members on Slack - where we regularly engage with the Prisma community.
Thousands of developers are using the Prisma tools to build applications and we want to help making them successful. That's why we're looking for a Developer Success Engineer to join our growing team.
What does a Developer Success Engineer do?
As a Developer Success Engineer, your main goal is to ensure developers can reach their goals by using Prisma, focusing, especially, on providing community support on the Prisma Slack, on GitHub, Stackoverflow and other channels where developers ask questions about Prisma.
As we are building out a commercial offering in addition to the open-source tools, you will become part of the professional support team that supports users of the commercial tools.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you should have a passion for community and helping and educating other developers.
Note that this role can be a great entry-point to transition into a product or engineering role later during your time at Prisma!
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
- ... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
- ... think crossfunctionally. Your work will give you insight valuable to all parts of the company. Share your ideas and your learnings!
- ... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
- ... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback. We rely on each others' input to create great final results.
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- Experience working with databases (eg. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Excellent communicator (writing and speaking)
- Excitement for educating and helping developers
- A collaborative and feedback driven mindset
- Interest in working in a small fast-moving company
The following would also be helpful, but not critical:
The main goal developers have when using Prisma is to build applications. Therefore, any additional knowledge and experience that you bring from the areas of general application development and software engineering is a great plus! For example:
- Experience with TypeScript, databases, or infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with APIs, REST, and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in creating technical illustrations is a plus
- Interest in information architecture or how documentation content is structured is a plus
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -5 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts and work with a growing developer base, helping them build great products with Prisma.
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants with a 10 year exercise window.
- 24 Days paid vacation per year.
- 4 Mental Health days per year.
- Fully Paid Parental Leave up to 20 weeks.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
- Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
- Ergonomic Chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory Call with our Talent Acquisition Team.
- First Interview with the Hiring Manager for the position.
- Take Home Challenge with compensation.
- Debrief of your Take Home Challenge with a cross-functional panel.
- Final Call with our Head of Developer Relations.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.