Posted on 7/30/2020
Plume crafts new-to-planet IoT experiences built on top of the world's best performing home WiFi system. Our mobile apps are the gateway to our experiences and the critical surfaces through which users interact with our products.
Seeking an experienced, energetic and collaborative Mobile Engineering Program Manager to join the Plume Engineering team. The position is full-time and is based in Palo Alto, CA.
They will be able to lead multiple simultaneous projects or programs that are complex and are able to develop recovery strategies for those that stray from their plan while being part of the collaborative, and fun loving team at a rapidly growing organization.
- Design, build and maintain the project plan including scope, schedule and risk management
- Drive execution and demonstrate end to end ownership of complex, technical programs to successful completion
- Drive deep collaboration across a network of critical dependencies
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Lead cross functional project meetings and milestone reviews
- Deliver executive communication and drive the decision-making process
- Manage stakeholder and team communications and updates
- Develop roadmaps and development milestones for projects based on input from Product teams
- Monitor progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from baseline plan
- Manage Play Store and App Store submissions
- BS degree (or relevant/industry standard experience to match) with 5+ years of experience
- Experience working in rapidly growing organizations
- Must have strong technical background and Hands on experience in software development.
- Strong preference for candidate transitioned from lead development into Program Management
- Able to think strategically and tactically and to build consensus to make programs successful
- Demonstrable ability to think outside the box to resolve technical issues and resource conflicts
- Thorough knowledge of software engineering principles and agile methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience managing fast-paced agile software projects with aggressive schedules
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
- Excellent leadership and communication skills