Business Operations Manager
San Fransisco or Remote (US)
Posted on 2/3/2021
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
Accelerate Mux’s growth by building the operational foundation for scale and partnering with senior leadership on high impact strategic initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Lead cross-functional high impact projects (e.g. pricing & packaging, international strategy, M&A) to drive growth and optimization
- Develop a rigorous understanding of the drivers of core metrics to drive transparency and accountability around hitting key business metrics
- Build and maintain operational forecasts to enable key business decisions
- Scale go-to-market strategy and operations to support revenue and team growth
- Partner with functional leaders to provide structure, analytical support, and accountability on strategic objectives across the company
Who You Are
- Analytical rigor: develop structured approaches to problem solving and drive to support decisions with data
- Operational mindset: grounded in reality beyond strategy and demonstrates strong instincts around execution
- Entrepreneurial: motivated to work in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment
- Cross-functional influence: collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and lead with influence
- Strong communication: ability to simplify highly complex problems and develop clear recommendations
- Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
- Team-first approach: humility, drive, empathy
- Prior experience:
- 4+ years experience with a combination of strategy consulting / investment banking and/or strategy, business operations, analytics or growth at a technology company
- Understanding of technology and experience with various tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, etc)
- Domain experience in open-source technology or enterprise B2B SaaS is a plus
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We're working in a beautiful office space located above historic Orpheum Theatre, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks, snacks, and good coffee.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
Build Better Video: Stream beautiful video to any device and monitor your video performance with our APIs. For help: @MuxSupport For status updates: @MuxStatusApply here