Analytics & Data Science Lead
San Francisco or Remote (US)
Posted on 1/28/2021
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As the Analytics and Data Science Lead, you will drive data driven decision making at Mux by transforming, analyzing and developing insights from data and leading a team of analysts and data scientists.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a world-class analytics and data science practice to institutionalize a culture of data driven decision making and accountability around hitting key business metrics
- Democratize data across the organization by owning and maintaining the centralized reporting and business intelligence systems
- Grow and manage a team of data analysts and data scientists
- Partner with functional leaders across the business and technical teams to provide analytics and data science support
- Partner with the Data, Architecture, and Engineering team to deliver best in class data in terms of quality and structure
Who You Are:
- Highly analytical
- Experience hiring & developing junior and senior level data talent
- Strong communication and ability to simplify highly complex problems
- Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
- Team-first approach: humility, drive, empathy
- Prior experience
- 5+ years experience with scaling an analytics or data science function
- Experience managing a team of 3+
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
Build Better Video: Stream beautiful video to any device and monitor your video performance with our APIs. For help: @MuxSupport For status updates: @MuxStatusApply here