Mobile SDK Engineer
San Francisco or Remote (US)
Posted on 2/22/2021
Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Accel, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
- Optimize existing mobile video SDKs that are used by the biggest video publishers in the world to monitor video streaming performance as a part of the Mux Data platform
- Build new system-level SDKs for video capture, video playback, and more
- Become a video expert (if you aren’t already), understanding how video is recorded and plays on mobile devices
- Contribute to the broader mobile developer ecosystem through some combination of open-source, writing, speaking, and support
- Work closely with developers on other platforms, and have an opportunity to learn new platforms and devices, like TV platforms (Xbox, Roku, etc.)
Who You Are
- 4+ years of engineering experience (CS degree a plus)
- 2+ years of mobile engineering experience with Android or iOS
- Track record of creating high-performance, low-footprint code. Automated testing experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of what makes a good reusable library
- Open source experience a plus
- Video experience a plus but not required
If you don't have all of these requirements but think your experience could be a great fit, that's okay! Please apply and we can talk about what's most needed in the role
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)
Build Better Video: Stream beautiful video to any device and monitor your video performance with our APIs. For help: @MuxSupport For status updates: @MuxStatusApply here