Commercial Finance Director
Posted on 2/11/2021
Our Finance team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced, collaborative Business Partner to join the team. This team partners with different business groups at Monzo on core Finance areas to manage the P&L, as well as help the business make strategic financial decisions.
In this role, you will partner with our General Manager of Borrowing to support Monzo’s growing aspirations in consumer lending, and collaborate across the business to enable our balance sheet to best support Monzo’s growth.
You will drive initiatives including driving the business’ forecasts and annual planning cycle, designing analytical and financial frameworks to optimize decision-making, and providing our management team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance. You’re comfortable with both digging into details and thinking about the big picture.
How you’ll contribute:
- Act as the finance leader for the Borrowing Collective (business area) and partner with the leadership team in those business areas.
- Leverage your financial expertise to drive commercial performance through accurate insights and advice.
- Align closely with central FP&A to design, maintain and evolve key financial models for your Collective, including leading the financial planning and forecasting cycles and setting KPI targets
- Assess revenue opportunity, capital and liquidity impacts and investment costs for new products, or opportunities to scale cost base
You should apply if you:
- Have strong experience in consumer lending, capital management or strategic finance
- Have experience building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Can demonstrate experience of driving commercial performance of a business
- Have a strong foundation in finance: forecasting, P&L management, analysis and strategic decision making.
- Love to build businesses cases, present and debate investment decisions and thoughtfully challenge business leaders
- You’re hands-on and take satisfaction in supporting colleagues, projects or tasks however big or small.
- Have experience managing a team
We offer a competitive salary plus other benefits. We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 mins phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed 2-3 on-video interviews at our office in London or remotely via hangouts.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.