Capital and Forecasting Analyst
Posted on 2/10/2021
At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
As the size and sophistication of our Borrowing (consumer lending) portfolio grows, we have an increasing need to compute, forecast and manage our credit risk capital. Our ambition is to build out a robust set of capital models and processes so that we can both meet our regulatory obligations and provide value-adding insights into underwriting and portfolio management. We are looking for a Capital and Forecasting Analyst to join the team, take on this challenge and help us make this ambition into reality.
You should apply if:
- You have strong analytical and data capabilities, backed up by technical coding skills. Both SQL and Python are a must-have for this role
- You have some experience with credit risk modelling, ideally capital modelling on consumer lending portfolios. The most relevant areas are: Pillar 2a credit risk, Pillar 2a concentration risk and Stress Testing. Pillar 1 IRB modelling experience is also useful
- You have some knowledge of IFRS9 impairments, in particular their relationship with credit Stress Testing
- You are enthusiastic about building and improving quantitative models
- You are keen to deepen your knowledge in both credit risk modelling and the technical workings of Monzo’s technology stack
- You are a clear communicator
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are highly motivated and energised by the idea of bringing positive impact to our customers and Monzo
You'll spend your time:
- Building and improving our capital and forecasting models
- Executing portfolio forecasts and stress tests
- Working with our Credit Analysts to understand the details of our portfolio and the data structures we use to manage it
- Producing updates and reports on Stress Testing and Forecasting for Monzo’s executive team, in particular our GM of Borrowing, CFO and CRO
The application process consists of a recruiter call, phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a practical written task and then final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.