Posted on 1/26/2021
At Monzo we believe there’s a better way to do banking - we care deeply about our customers, are innovative and execute quickly.
We’re looking to revolutionise the way people manage their finances by putting them in control and promoting their financial wellbeing. We are expanding our range of borrowing products, aiming to create a genuine feel-good factor when it comes to personal credit. We are looking for driven, analytical and creative individuals to help us achieve this goal.
You should apply if:
- You have a solid understanding of lending product economics including an appreciation of several aspects of the customer lifecycle from acquisition, underwriting, account management right through to collections and recoveries
- You have a reasonable understanding of the regulations that apply to lending product development
- You have a solid understanding of how lending products work to generate profit including experience of building and using tools like Customer Lifetime Value and/or Net Present Value modelling and how income and losses are recognised on the P&L
- You have strong analytical ability backed up by technical coding skills: SQL is a must, Python is a plus
- You thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment
- You are motivated by impact
- You are keen to learn and grow your knowledge
- You are a good communicator who’s able to articulate complex problems
- You are able to build strong, mutually respectful relationships with diverse teams
- You are self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and in teams
- You enjoy thinking out a problem from first principles
You'll spend your time:
- Supporting the design and roll-out of new borrowing products by finding patterns in the data and translating these into insights
- Designing and running analysis to help us decide which customers we should lend to, and how much
- Forecasting the cashflows expected from our products and assessing their net present value
- Coding up and enhancing the database tables that provide input data for analysis and reporting
- Creating highly visual dashboards to bring our data to life and help us monitor any changes as they happen
- Working with backend engineers to help us collect the right data points to support all of the above
- Assessing how the lending portfolio of particular products will perform over time
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and then final stage interviews conducted via google hangout.
This role is based in the London office, however given the current circumstances we are all working remotely.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.