Engineering ManagerTweet about this!
Lokalise is the fastest-growing language-tech B2B SaaS. Being a collaborative productivity platform, it helps to structure and automate the translation and localization process for any company in the world.
Launched in 2017, it is currently at $10M ARR, growing more than 8 % MoM. 2,000 companies from 80+ countries, including Notion, Lemonade, Bayer, and KPMG use Lokalise to constantly update old and add new translations.
Previously bootstrapped, we decided to raise external capital to hire top SaaS talent globally in order to accelerate growth. The company went fully-remote in March, 2020, and raised $6M from a group of reputable VCs and angel investors in September, 2020. One month later, Lokalise was included in the top 100 European cloud tech companies under $1 Bn by Accel.
The team of 120+ members, and growing, with teammates coming from 33 different countries and 4 continents. Our aim is to continue onboarding teammates globally, from different cultures and backgrounds, and regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
*Please note that we are required to add a location to job ads but Lokalise is a full-remote company and you can work from anywhere.*
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will manage one or more teams and drive engineering happiness and growth, both on a personal and professional level. You ensure delivery of a great product on time and with quality.
- Be a people manager of 6-12 Software engineers and QA Engineers in one or more teams.
- Work with Tech Leads, Product Managers, and Product Designers to ensure the successful operation of cross-functional teams and effective delivery.
- Expand our impact by interviewing and hiring great Software Engineers.
- Spend a significant part of your time coaching and helping engineers to thrive and grow.
- Evaluate Engineers’ performance, support career plans, and define compensation plans aligned with the organization.
- As a part of our engineering leadership team, ensure following the best software development practices, maintain the highest level of excellence, and create solutions that are easily repeatable and scalable.
- Work and report to the Director of Engineering in the planning and growth strategy of the department as needed to meet organizational needs.
- Support Product Management in prioritization, decision making, and roadmapping. By providing clear visibility on effort assessments, risks, and dependencies between tasks.
- Ensure the successful delivery of your teams’ tasks according to the Product Roadmap.
- Create quarterly delivery plans and track timelines. Ensure efficient execution and communication to business stakeholders.
You must have:
- Recent 3+ years of experience in an engineering management role, at SaaS product companies.
- A proven track record of managing teams, hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- A people-oriented mindset and you embody the values of servant leadership.
- Proven management ability, including strong communication and prioritization skills.
- Experience in planning and executing complex multi-team products, creating teams, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Experience of implementing tools, processes, internal instrumentation, methodologies, and resolving blockages.
- A knack for teamwork and the ability to create and maintain a positive team culture.
- Experience in a cross-functional team environment.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Agile processes and principles.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills (native or near-native speaker).
It will be considered a significant advantage if you have:
- Work experience in the Localization industry
- Experience in a product company during a scale-up phase
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Learning & Development program
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Comprehensive parental leave
- Coworking budget
- Top-notch tech equipment to work with
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events