Event Marketing ManagerTweet about this!
We are a Series D company that’s on a mission to make hospitals more efficient with data science and machine learning. 110+ health systems and 400+ hospitals, across 40 states, rely on our award-winning products to increase patient access, decrease wait times, and reduce healthcare delivery costs. We have raised more than $250 million from top-tier investors such as Insight Partners and Goldman Sachs. We have been named among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
This role will be based out of our Santa Clara, CA office.
The Event Manager lead all events programs for LeanTaaS. The ideal candidate will manage against, and be measured on the business outcomes of their work. This means collaborating with product marketing and identifying which events we should attend to propose to senior management, what our presence at the event should be, driving attendance to the event, enlisting colleagues to staff the event, coordinating logistics related to the company’s booths and equipments there, and ensuring there is strong branding and promotion for the event. The overall objective will be creating great virtual, in-person, and hybrid events that advance the commercial objectives of the company (be it leads generated, opportunities advanced, etc.) with a positive ROI.
Event Strategy: You will plan all aspects of LeanTaaS events (both those initiated by LeanTaaS such as field events or those attended by LeanTaaS such as industry conferences and trade shows. You will research and make recommendations as to the most compelling events we should attend to generate qualified leads for our sales team. You’ll analyze event performance. You will negotiate with organizations that plan events to negotiate our presence options to maximize our impact. You will help define our brand through the events you execute.
Event Scheduling: You will build and maintain our annual calendar of events in collaboration with our Product Marketing and Demand Generation teams.
Event Execution: You will execute all events and trade shows in the US. This means collaborating with demand gen to drive attendance and promotions, getting staff prepared and ensuring we have a compelling story to tell, ensuring demo preparation, managing all vendors and sponsors, ensuring compelling signage and giveaways, and managing all aspects of the physical presence at the event. You’ll likely attend the majority of US events.
Event Promotion: You’ll collaborate with the entire marketing team to promote events through a variety of channels including email, social media and telesales. You will select the right audience, draft emails and send emails, post on social media and write call scripts for BDRs in order to drive the right quantity and quality of attendees to the event.
Vendor Negotiation: You will manage an overall events budget and specific budgets for each event and ensure LeanTaaS achieves good value for all event activities we undertake. You will track budget expenditures.
Webinars: You will develop a compelling calendar of webinars, coordinate the talent for the webinars, set up the logistics, and facilitate the webinars and work with the demand generation team to drive attendance. You’ll ensure that the recordings are then appropriately distributed to the right channels to be accessible on demand.
Promotional Items: You will select first-class promotional items that build the LeanTaaS brand at a value price point and keep our brand in front of our prospects and customers. You will ideally bring a Rolodex of vendors that you work with that provide great service and good value products. You will develop our stable of vendors, put jobs out for competitive bid, and manage all giveaways and promotional items. You will also develop self-service items through a hosted store like Café Press.
Partner Events: We frequently collaborate with various industry partners/Associations. In this role you will meet and coordinate our event efforts with our partners’ teams. Your objective will be to ensure that LeanTaaS and our partners function as one team to drive demand through events.
Campaigns: When you are not running events, you’ll be expected to drive marketing campaigns with the demand gen leader. Experience is a plus here, but interest is the key. If you have a keen interest in learning about events and have an aptitude for utilizing enterprise software to market to an audience, you may just be the person we are looking for.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Events Experience: 3+ years events production and/or trade shows. The right candidate will have experience with both small and large events and will know what it takes to create a great event. This includes negotiating with vendors, driving schedules, and juggling multiple tasks. Capturing leads management experience would be ideal, preferably with a SaaS company
- Creativity: Demonstrated creativity in increasing participation in an event and capturing the attention of attendees
- Planning/Organization Skills: Proven organizational capabilities to successfully execute a multi-day, off-site event requiring coordination across numerous teams; ability to focus on details while maintaining a grasp on the big picture
- Budgeting: Budgetary discipline to manage significant investments and focus resources to achieve maximum impact; experience with vendor contract negotiations
- Working Cross-Functionally: Ability to work with cross-departmental teams and effectively manage projects that involve all levels of management and external resources
- Virtual Events: Experience with virtual events and social media promotional activities a big plus
- Education: Bachelors in a related field
- Travel: This role requires about 25-35% travel depending on season. You need to be comfortable being the onsite driver of events. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and very comfortable working in new industries, new situations, and with new people. Your winning personality will make connections and help drive traffic to our events, presentations, and dinners.
- Team of One but a Team Player: You need to be comfortable being an army of one. This starts out as an individual contributor role where you personally make things happen. You’ll need to be a self-starter with a bias for action.
- Communication: The right candidate will be comfortable speaking in front of groups including executive audiences. He or she will excel at motivating others and driving virtual teams.
- Writer: The ideal candidate will be an adept writer who can draft/collaborate on promotional copy (be it email, social posts, etc.) for the event that will attract, engage and drive attendance to their events.
- Tools: The right candidate is a modern marketer. You’ll need to be able to create your own offers leveraging these tools to create content and leverage existing content. You’ll need to know how to leverage all the basic Office tools including and most importantly PowerPoint followed by Excel and Word. Experience with marketing automation tools and CRM such as Hubspot and Marketo and SFDC is a plus but more important is your drive, interest, and ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Social: The ideal candidate is someone almost as comfortable connecting with people online as in person. This means you know how to use it for company purposes and regularly work with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn