Analytics EngineerTweet about this!
About the Role
As part of our Data Team you’ll have the opportunity to work cross functionally across organizations in the business. From stakeholders on the data team to customer experience and product, you will be responsible for gathering requirements and designing solutions that both meet the problem at hand and are also set up for scalability. To be successful in this role you must have an eye for detail, strong technical skills, and excitement at the prospect of exploring the unknown and creating solutions from scratch. Organizational skills are key as you will be working with a number of different stakeholders at any given time, and structural thinking is going to be your bread-and-butter as you design specs that are resilient to future developments.
Who You Are
As an Analytics Engineer at Lattice, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our data environments from pipelines into our warehouse to output in our business intelligence tool. To accomplish this, you will own processes to transform, document, and clean our data while ensuring that our warehouse remains as performant as possible. As data at Lattice becomes more complex you will also help to identify avenues for tech stack improvements, leading the charge on enforcing best practices and discovering new tools to help us work more efficiently. Throughout this role you will be able to work with almost every facet of data at Lattice including customer support, marketing, financial and user behavior event tracking data. Our stack is based on AWS (Redshift, K8s) and consists of Fivetran, Segment, dbt, and Looker.
- 2+ years working experience with data
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience in dbt
- Experience with a BI Tool (preferably Looker)
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with git
- Ability to synthesize non-technical requests into technical output
- High attention to detail and ability to think structurally about a solution
- Exposure to data orchestration tools like Airflow, Prefect, or Dagster
- Write production-level data transformations to support stakeholders across data and business intelligence applications
- Create documentation and testing to ensure that our data is accurate and easily understandable
- Maintain performance of our data warehouse by designing efficient tables and storage processes
- Share methodologies and instruct other data team members on how to best write data transformations
- Discover and institute best practices for analytics engineering across all members of the data team
- Research new tools to enhance our stack
- Manage pre-configured data pipelines from Fivetran and Segment and design custom pipelines as appropriate
- Enforce code quality by identifying and reducing tech debt, standardizing styles, and removing deprecated objects from code and downstream locations
We are rapidly growing across multiple dimensions, including our customer base, the scope of products we offer, and the size of the Data team. Now is the opportune time for a strong candidate to join, take on outsized ownership, and continue to grow with us.
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every employee because we believe growth leads to both business impact and personal fulfillment
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team that is passionate about solving customers’ needs and loves coming to work every day
- Partner with 2,750+ companies around the world to make sure their employees are engaged and performing at a high level
- A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, with continuous learning reimbursements
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Hybrid work model with a mix of work from home and centrally located office
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
Lattice is on a mission to build cultures where employees and their companies thrive. In an age where employees have more choice than ever before, businesses that put employees first are winning – and Lattice is building the tools to empower those people centric companies. Lattice is a people management platform that offers performance reviews, employee engagement surveys, real-time feedback, weekly check-ins, goal setting, and career planning in a way that allows companies to focus on employee development, growth, and engagement – yielding stronger employee retention, performance, and impact to the bottom line. Since launching in 2016 we have grown to over 3,100 customers globally, including brands like Slack, Pinterest, Reddit, and Asana.
Lattice is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Lattice is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.