Lead Delivery DriverTweet about this!
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
Please consider completing the optional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) survey below. Doing so will help keep us accountable to the DEI commitments we have made as a company. By choosing to disclose elements of your identity, you are informing us about our candidate pool and the ways we can continue to improve making Imperfect Foods an inclusive company for everyone. Responses will in no way affect your candidacy for the position you apply for. Information collected will be kept secure and confidential and will be used solely to evaluate our DEI efforts. We thank you in advance for helping us to become a better company for people of all backgrounds.
About the Role:
Lead Delivery Associates have spent time as an Associate and mastered Associate-level tasks. They support and monitor a team of Associates and the processes while performing the same Associate-level tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties of the Associate Level
- Directly responsible for delivering boxes to our customers in the Detroit area in a professional and timely manner.
- Expected to deliver 30-70 boxes, finish routes and return to the warehouse to dispatch.
- Responsible for ensuring that the boxes are in pristine shape, delivered to the correct address, and during the correct time window.
- Be the main liaison between Imperfect and the customer to ensure that all procedures are followed and that the highest quality of boxes is being delivered to customers.
- Open/close the facility on a daily basis and ensure all routes depart in a timely fashion
- Receive daily truck
- Train new associates
- Communicate any issues to Dispatcher/Supervisor
- Work with dispatch to triage delivery issues and assist drivers with end of day duties
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a delivery role
- Be able to communicate effectively with drivers 6+ months in Associate-Level position
- Must be at least 21 years old, and have had a valid driver's license for at least 4 years
- Mastery of Google Maps to ensure an on-time delivery experience for each customer
- Smartphone for pictures
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions
- CDL Class A or B license preferred but not required
- You’re highly organized and strong attention to detail
- You’re able to problem-solve and think on your feet (A.K.A. a mental juggler)
- You excel at independent, unsupervised work
- You’re highly communicative - no question is too small to ask!
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Delivery Manager
- Position based out of our facility but you will be delivering all over the metro area
- Company van will be provided for the delivery routes
- Job offer contingent on successful completion of background check
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401k, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Frequent driving
- Exposure to all types of weather conditions
- Ability to walk, bend, squat, climb, reach, and kneel
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 70 pounds