Office ManagerTweet about this!
Hungryroot is your personal grocer, powered by AI and the belief that food deeply impacts your daily life. You tell us a little about yourself, and we deliver healthy groceries to your door each week with recipes and meal planning support. Hungryroot helps you save time, save money, shop sustainably, and eat what makes you feel your best.
About the Opportunity
The Office Manager plays a vital role at Hungryroot by maintaining an efficient, productive, and positive workplace while also contributing to our culture and employee experience. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our daily operations, be a cross-functional team player and make a meaningful impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver at heart with a professional yet approachable communication style and a keen ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities. Anticipating the needs of your team, you resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise. You are comfortable organizing information and you never let anything slip through the cracks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the face of our office - warmly welcome our candidates and visitors and own our guest experience
- Take ownership of our facilities - maintain a professional look of our office including upkeep of conference rooms, kitchen cleanliness, storage organization, shipping, supplies, and repairs.
- Manage vendors including food and beverage, janitorial, IT, and more, and maintain various office equipment and supplies inventory.
- Foster our company culture through assisting to plan and execute internal and external events such as company celebrations, company retreats, special events, team meetings
- Assist with on-boarding of new employees, including coordination to prove new team members with all appropriate technology and supplies
- Respond to and resolve day-to-day facilities issues and requests from the Hungryroot team in a timely fashion
- Answer main phone line; respond to or forward inquiries as appropriate
- Keep kitchen stocked full of food, drinks and supplies
- Deliver, accept and unpack all mail, packages, and food deliveries
- Manage the conference room booking process and ensure all technology is working properly and set up correctly for presentations and meetings
- Work closely with our recruiting team to ensure a flawless candidate experience. Own our day-of welcome packets, and candidate swag shipments.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, depending on the needs of the team
- 2+ years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Natural communicator with an interest in building community, and authentic relationships.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners while maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-starter with a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and change priorities at the drop of a hat.
- Desire to improve processes and find the best long-term solutions.
- Tech-savvy, particularly with Google work suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar), Slack, and others
- “No task is too small” attitude
- Based at our Manhattan Office, just south of Madison Square Park (note, we are currently working remotely)
- Reports to our Director of People
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.