Role: Claims Concierge
Location: Austin, TX
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide them with nothing less than the best policies, best value and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from having problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
About This Role
At Hippo we are committed to going above and beyond the industry standard when it comes to customer service. The Claims Concierge is a vital part of that mission. This person will be an advocate to our customer throughout the lifecycle of their claim. They are centerstage when it comes to answering questions and coordinating with our team of Property Adjusters. The Claims Concierge listens to our customers needs and makes sure the claims process with Hippo is as painless as possible for them. They are also responsible for providing the business with feedback from our customers to continue to drive process improvements.
- You have many years of Property Claims experience and you’re looking to focus solely on creating a positive customer service experience
- You’re an empathetic person by nature who is driven everyday by your ability to help people through difficult situations
- Excellent communicator with the ability to maintain composure when dealing with someone in an emergency situation. Be the calming, helpful, & stabilizing force.
- Intuitive enough to understand what someone is saying/needing even when they are not saying it in order to proactively solve problems for the customer
- This role will require weekend and after hours responses without supervision, there is flexibility with scheduling and the ability to work from home to balance out this expectation
- The Claims Concierge will be expected to proactively reach out to customers in times of peril this will require upwards of 750 calls/emails per month
- Work with the Property Adjusters and supervisors to get resolution for the insured while understanding the time constraints and deadlines the Property Adjuster is working under
- Assist in the development of customer facing initiatives and play a significant role in bringing them to fruition
- Work with vendors to assist the insured with housing, invoicing & securing reports
- Have a strong understanding of the overall Property Claims department and claims that are open, the types of claims in the inventory, & abilities of the adjusters.
- Serve as an extra lens to help the team be mindful red flags of fraud and be able to communicate to the adjuster/supervisor
- At least 2+ years of experience in Property Claims handling or equivalent Claims experience
- Texas Adjusters License is required
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Ability to look at a Property Claims file and determine what is missing, what is needed to move it toward conclusion and the ability to communicate effectively to the adjuster/supervisor with the goal of assisting in a smooth process for the insured.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.