Chat Care Coordinator (Part-time)
Posted on 1/28/2021
We’re looking for someone who believes that each and every customer deserves world-class service and goes above and beyond to make sure that service is delivered. Our chat care coordinators have a demanding job, but the demands are worth the rewards. This is one of those rare opportunities where your work will help save lives, and truly enrich others. Chat Care Coordinators are our most visible representatives of our mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Your job will be supporting our real-time chat feature and providing incredible, fast, and convenient service to our members.
If you're a highly empathetic and friendly individual, with a strong interest in making a real difference to people, we want to hear from you. Our Chat Care Coordinators are on the front lines of our patient care, and we need your detail oriented self to come and join the mission!
In Your First 30 Days:
- Onboard with Grand Rounds team and engage in internal learning
- Demonstrate knowledge of proprietary software and other required technology (Google apps, etc)
- Learn to articulate the Grand Rounds Mission and fully understand all of our product offerings
- Immediately make an impact on our members by working through simple scenarios with members on chat
- Get to know your team members
In Your First 60 Days:
- Be readily available on chat to answer questions, start services on behalf of members, and assist them with navigating the healthcare system.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating insurance plan details and customer information provided by Grand Rounds
- Set personal short term and long term goals (>1 year and 2-3 years)
In Your First 90 Days:
- Be a vocal and active contributor during team meetings; we want to hear your perspective!
- Demonstrate an ability to skillfully and effectively collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization
- Delight our customers. You’ll pull out all the stops to deliver a memorable experience (in a “I can’t wait to tell my friends about this fabulous service” way)
- Navigate the challenging and complex health care landscape, and pivot quickly with change
- Research internal resources and external customer benefits to determine the best action to take for the member, and ensure the most accurate information is relayed
- Handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgement to appropriately prioritize your responsibilities
- Be empathetic. You’ll work with members and their families who are going through challenging times. They may be grouchy. They may be in pain. They may be confused. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, be efficient and reassure them that you can help
- Focus and participate in continuous improvement, constantly questioning how and why we do things and suggest alternatives that improve the customer experience, efficiency, etc…
- Ask questions and raise your hand when you need help. Lost time can directly impact lives
- Exceptional business writing skills, including accurate spelling and grammar.
- Prior customer service chat experience, preferred Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency with technology; experience with google apps, apple products, and customer relationship management software a plus
- Ability to independently manage one’s own workload while maintaining quality targets and exceeding member expectations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve complex situations
- A sense of humor. We work hard. So we like to laugh a lot too
- Ability to work from a home office if needed
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant experience in healthcare or benefits/insurance organization is highly preferred.
We raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. If you are a member and have a concern, please call us at 1-800-929-0926.Apply here