Engineering Manager, Customer Experience
Posted on 2/10/2021
Join the team transforming Healthcare!
We’re looking for a senior engineering manager to lead and build our Customer Experience Engineering Team. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned people manager with broad engineering experience, a proven track record of delivering impact, passion for emerging technology, and strong reputation for building high-performing teams.
This team's mission is to enable Grand Rounds to be a trusted, strategic partner of our customers by making it easy to launch our platforms, exchange data, deliver unique insights, and communicate our impact upon their employees. Our work demonstrates how tech-powered, patient-centric healthcare leads to better outcomes and avoids unnecessary costs -- two of the biggest pain points in our $3.6T U.S. healthcare system.
Who We Are:
We are a tight-knit group with diverse backgrounds, deeply committed to our mission and our members. We strive to be humble, hungry, and people- and problem-smart. We believe success comes from optimizing for the whole and welcome everyone’s ideas to the table. We focus on intentional growth so we can expand our skills and apply them to accomplish new goals. We are dedicated to helping each other be our best.
Who You Are:
You have managed engineers of various skill levels in a growth company and love the challenge of rolling up your sleeves with team members to build something new. You embrace the opportunity to create structure amidst ambiguity and tackle unanticipated challenges with ease. You feel proud of delivering products that “wow” the customer and you enjoy cross-functional collaboration that drives meaningful company-level solutions.
- Hire, retain and grow amazing engineering talent for Grand Rounds.
- Lead a team that consistently delivers high-impact work that meets our customers’ needs.
- Contribute to product strategy and partner with other engineering teams, data science, product and others to create solutions to address evolving customer needs.
- Set the technical vision and lead technical decisions for your team to ensure the team writes simple, clean, and efficient code to create intuitive, beautiful products.
- Shape and manage team goals to support timely, effective execution.
- Bring clarity when faced with ambiguity; motivate and guide the team through complex problem solving.
- Dive into the details when needed, reviewing team members’ code and providing coaching and feedback to ensure the highest quality.
- A proven leader who has built consumer-facing products from start to finish.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business and customer needs into a technical vision and product development roadmap.
- Technical depth and breadth of experience to help team members understand and overcome technical challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Experience building data systems that securely and quickly acquire, process and manage data.
- Experience collaborating closely with product, design, customer success and other business functions to creatively solve customer needs.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree. Master’s degree (MBA or Technical) is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an organizational and people leader.