San Francisco, CA
Posted on 2/5/2021
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
As a part of the Data Team at Front, your core responsibility will be to help maintain and scale our infrastructure for analytics as our data volume and needs continue to grow at a rapid pace. This is a high impact role, where you will be driving initiatives affecting teams and decisions across the company and setting standards for all our data stakeholders. You’ll be a great fit if you thrive when given ownership, as you would be the key decision maker in the realm of architecture and implementation.
This position is required to report to our San Francisco HQ!
What will you be doing?
- Architect data pipelines that provide fast, optimized, and robust end-to-end solutions for internal users of the analytics infrastructure.
- Automate manual processes and create a platform in favor of self-service data consumption.
- Own the quality of our analytics data and ensure the Data Team’s SLAs are met on a timely basis.
- Design data schemas and fine-tune queries around large, complex data sets.
- Interface with data scientists, analysts, product managers and all data stakeholders to understand their needs and promote best data practices.
- Keep our data available and secure across multiple data centers and regions.
- Implement a robust monitoring & logging framework that guarantees the traceability and auditability.
- Vet tools and technologies for the most viable solution for each problem at hand. Manage tools and data vendors involved.
What skills and experience do you need?
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant technical field.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Data Engineer, or in a role with ETL expertise.
- Experience in managing data warehouse plans and communicate them to internal stakeholders.
- Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code.
- Advanced level of SQL is required.
- Working knowledge and experience with at least one of the big data technologies: HDFS, EMR, Redshift, Spark, Flink, or Presto.
- Experience with workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with R or Python is a plus.
- You are proactive, have a positive attitude with a“can-do”, service-oriented mentality.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders.
Front powers the heart of business — the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Learn more at https://t.co/NFvNlnWgSPApply here