Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Posted on 2/8/2021
Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,500 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021 and Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re on a search for a creative Content Marketing Manager to join our two-person content team. This role is perfect for an inquisitive writer who’s willing to go in depth to uncover insight into the way we work and communicate with each other. You’ll work as a content journalist to source interviews, release surveys, and craft compelling narratives. You’ll also become a product expert by talking to customers and writing unique, in-depth stories about their workflows in Front. This role is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground level of our content org. You’ll be instrumental in turning our editorial site Front Page into a premium source of high-quality content for customer-facing leaders worldwide. This position reports to the Content Lead as a part of the Brand Marketing Team.
What will you be doing?
- Write anything under the sun, including but not limited to: in-depth Front Page articles, ebooks, guides, web pages, infographics, emails, and copy for any marketing team campaigns or events — whatever the medium, you’ll bring a level of artistry and rigor to the end product
- Be a key contributor to our editorial meetings and bring fresh perspectives that will attract our core audiences
- Constantly talk to customers to understand their needs and interests across verticals and use cases
- Become an expert in the future of work by constantly researching and reading about productivity, customer communication, and internal collaboration
- Bring your stories to life by working with our brand design team to create compelling infographics, data visualizations, and other imagery
- Understand the impact of your writing and report on results to connect content to company revenue
What skills and experience do you need?
- Be a superb writer and editor who can provide compelling copy for all marketing projects, whether it’s a podcast script, a Front Page article, or an outbound email
- Ability to adjust your writing voice and tone to exemplify the Front brand and appeal to many types of buyers
- Ability to write persuasive and sales-oriented copy with strong calls to action
- Eagerness to handle content projects end-to-end
- Intermediate understanding of on-page SEO best practices to work with our in-house expert
- Implement and evolve the Front brand guidelines to shape the voice of the company
- Collaborate with a fellow Content Marketing Manager and Content Lead, as well as other marketing partners for communications, social, design, SEO, paid, and product marketing
- Willingness to experiment with new mediums, channels, and projects
- 4+ years experience in a content marketing or writing role
- 2+ years in B2B marketing or editorial role
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or equivalent work experience
Front powers the heart of business — the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Learn more at https://t.co/NFvNlnWgSPApply here