At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for a highly motivated Mortgage Accountant with an eye for accuracy and determined to make an impact. In this role, you will perform monthly accounting functions as well as help define critical processes as we build and scale our Figure Mortgage product. Ownership and pride in your work are key to be a part of a team that is changing the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity to work at a rapidly growing start up alongside some of the brightest minds and experienced leaders in the Fintech and blockchain space.
What you'll do
- Execute accurate and timely reporting during the month-end close process including journal entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead daily financial operations related to mortgage loans- validate, record and reconcile transaction details related to funding, servicing and secondary sale
- Prepare month end balance sheet and income statement review with variance analysis
- Prepare financial statements, analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Create and implement accounting policies and procedures and update as needed to be in compliance with GAAP and state-level regulations
- Assist in managing the external audit, and compliance examinations including preparation of documentation and ongoing support
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems including post-close and capital markets to resolve funding and sale variances
- Drive process improvement and design of automation solutions to further streamline real-time financial data for decision making
- Ad hoc projects as we scale
What We Look For
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in an accounting function; preferably within a mortgage loan servicer
- In-depth knowledge of the specialized mortgage servicing business.
- Excellent attention to detail and writing skills writing internal and external accounting documentation and proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrate initiative, sound judgement, and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction and tight deadlines
- A flexible approach and ability to prioritize tasks to thrive in a startup environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.