Head of Lending
Posted on 2/26/2021
At Figure, we’re on a mission to transform financial services through blockchain, bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions.
Accomplishing this kind of transformation requires building really big things. And we understand that building big requires a creative, team oriented and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best work. The Figure team is comprised of incredibly driven, innovative, collaborative and curious people who love architecting and building from scratch. Everyone at the company is encouraged to be an individual contributor but also a team collaborator.
We value team members who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation. Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference.
This is an opportunity to work with a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the Fintech space. Join us!
About the Role
Figure is looking for an experienced leader for our Head of Lending role. The Head of Lending will oversee the entire Lending business which includes responsibility for setting and meeting lending production targets; product design and pricing, loss and CAC management; and customer service levels and productivity for a variety of lending products (mortgage, HELOC, personal loans, student loan refi, and others).
The Head of Lending will set the vision to build an amazing experience for our customers as well as our team members. This role will help develop and execute Figure’s strategic plans while driving operational efficiencies and ensuring regulatory compliance and an industry leading customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Set the Figure Lending strategy and vision based on company objectives and goals
- Oversee and direct the customer operations management team to ensure an efficient and effective operation center with a high-quality customer experience
- Drive volume and profitability through the management of KPI's and SLA's as well as cost per loan and overall profitability of the lending divisions.
- Develop and define loan production targets, expected CAC, and margin
- Provide business insights and partner with Product team to design lending products
- Collaborate with leadership to set pricing for our products
- Build and maintain a working partnership with Credit and Marketing to drive the maximum profitable growth
- Work with Capital Markets on investor take-out for the loans
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with investors and the GSE's
- Lead by example demonstrating and encouraging a positive and inclusive culture driven by performance, accountability, and a can-do attitude
- Embrace and champion our mission of introducing blockchain technology into the traditional financial services industry
- Oversee and support leadership to build our B2B Client Service operation from the ground up
- Participate in the strategic planning to build a strong non traditional Mortgage Sales operation
What We Look For
- BS/BA with 10+ years of lending experience, preferably in a senior management level role with experience leading the operations function in consumer lending, banking, financial services, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in mortgage operations as a hands on operator
- Possess strong leadership skills, organizational skills, and the ability to motivate and develop teams
- Working knowledge of retail lending, including identification of exposure and risk factors
- Working knowledge of data analytics and performance/operations metrics
- Flexible nature, able to pivot quickly and collaborate effectively cross functionally
- Excellent communication skills to build trust and ongoing business relationships
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Firm-wide performance based bonus
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- Company FSA, 401k, commuter benefits
- And much more to come!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.