Application Engineering Manager, SalesforceTweet about this!
About the Team
The Merchant Product organization is a team of experienced product leaders that builds on the DoorDash vision of connecting local delivery networks in cities all across the world. Within this organization, the Business Applications team executes major initiatives to drive internal efficiency, strategically enables sales and services to exceed objectives, and manages the technical builds to meet these goals. It’s a pivotal time to join the Business Application team as we are the backbone of helping DoorDash scale. Now more than ever, we need strategic thinkers and problem solvers who can help us reach our North Star goals.
About the Role
- Manage a team of administrators and developers to lead technical design for our Salesforce implementation and associated applications
- Collaborate with our team of solution architects to ensure our overall design is aligned with our architectural roadmap and center of excellence
- Work daily with your team, business system analyst, and program managers to execute on project deliverables
- Manage the planning, capacity, and development schedule for all projects
- Set development processes and expectations that reinforce the commitment to change management, quality, and our software development lifecycle
- Execute and uphold our agile delivery methodology with transparency for all of our stakeholders
- Provide best practices and documentation to improve our operational efficiency; objectively measure project team performance and provide guidance to improve
- Develop and demonstrate new strategies that apply technology to resolve organizational challenges
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of technical individuals to design and implement scalable enterprise solutions
- Be part of the creative process with the business stakeholder and our solution architects
- Lead technical design and contribute toward a scalable architecture for the Business Application team
- Work cross-functionally with other product management and engineering teams to execute on large scale vision
- Scale our development efforts and operations through improved processes and automation
We’re excited about you because…
- 7+ years of delivering enterprise solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Deep knowledge of both Salesforce declarative and programmatic development features
- 4+ years of managing multiple SCRUM teams in the capacity of an Application Engineering Manager or Team Lead
- A track record of delivering projects on-time by leveraging your experience in development processes, work estimation, and optimal resource allocation
- Passionate about scaling teams and growing individuals in their careers
- Excited to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Have the ability to manage multiple development teams simultaneously
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills to effectively communicate with other teams
- Certification Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Platform Developer II preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.