Analyst, Sales Compensation Systems
San Francisco, CA
Posted on 1/22/2021
About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new projects, and work cross-functionally to design and launch pilots. In this role you’ll have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Compensation Systems Analyst who will work as a member of DoorDash’s Finance & Strategy team. You will be a key driver of systems and process improvements on the team. In particular, you will be tasked with optimizing Anaplan, establishing best-practices to automate routine processes, and scaling our tools to meet future business needs as the company grows. Expectations include working collaboratively across organizations and improving and establishing processes to enable our next stage of growth. This is the perfect opportunity to roll up your sleeves and have a positive impact at a hyper-growth company. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a team where they can proactively identify and implement systems and process improvements to help grow and scale the business.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the current models within Anaplan and build future models and enhancements based on an agreed-upon road map that you will help develop.
- Be a business partner to Sales Ops and provide relevant reporting out of Anaplan to assist with their ability to make necessary changes in the system.
- Working with Sales Analytics to ensure accurate data and metric calculations
- Creating and updating SQL queries to populate data in Anaplan
- Supporting the build of integrations between Anaplan and other systems including Workday.
- Manage the ongoing administration of Anaplan, including user roles and permissions, architecture of lists, modules, and dashboards, data flow and integrations, automation batch scripting, etc.
- Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements. Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions
- Act as a key contributor to planning and forecasting activities to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Effectively communicate with leaders and drive strategic decision-making with Finance team members
- Prepare clear and easy to understand models with a focus on flexibility to change assumptions and scalability of model outputs
We’re excited about you because…
- Creating structure from ambiguity. You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance.
- Indirect leadership. You excel at building cross-functional relationships, gaining input & consensus from key stakeholders, and knowing how to motivate and organize teams behind a shared goal.
- Insatiable curiosity. You are constantly exploring, asking questions, and working to uncover new insights about our business.
- Self starter. You take the initiative, and are always looking for new ways to contribute and make an impact.
- Relentless. Things never quite go according to plan. You have the determination and grit to keep working a problem as new challenges emerge, together with the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- Ownership mentality. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive results, even if it’s outside your normal areas of focus.
- Get-it-done attitude. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- 2-5 years of work experience in the financial/sales systems space
- Experience administering cloud financial/sales systems such as Anaplan, NetSuite, Adaptive, Salesforce, and Xactly with a strong preference for Anaplan.
- Understanding of Sales processes, strategy and compensation design.
- Have extensive understanding and substantial knowledge of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices, including headcount planning, driver-based modeling, budgeting, and forecasting
- Have strong analytical skills and ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions
- Are highly motivated, self-driven, able to drive projects independently and able to deal well with ambiguity
- Ability to manage and support development of integrations between business systems.
- Experience with creating and managing SQL queries or willingness to learn.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
#OpenForDelivery Support: https://t.co/OSBzp5JpMjApply here