Account Director (Healthcare & Life Sciences)
Account Director (Healthcare & Life Sciences)
Sales & Business Development | US Remote
If position is eligible for remote employment, it will exclude the following locations: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest,most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Account Director has end-to-end ownership for a focused set of highly strategic enterprise accounts. Primary focus of this role is to drive long-term revenue growth and customer success for our top strategic accounts. Key responsibilities are a hybrid of the Strategic Account Executive & Global Account Management roles which include overall relationship management, upsell, renewals and retention, as well as customer satisfaction & success.
Key responsibilities are a hybrid of the Strategic Account Executive & Global Account Management roles which include overall relationship management, upsell, renewals and retention, as well as customer satisfaction & success. This role will also partner 1:1 with a dedicated Customer Success Manager focused on supporting the customer relationship and driving adoption.
This position reports to the Regional Vice President, Enterprise Sales – Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Accountable for relationship management and influence strategy with key account decision makers aligned to a set of 3 to 5 larger accounts
- Develop and implement customer account plan and relational strategy
- Lead DocuSign extended sales team in strategically selling and expanding customer use cases, and, manage overall customer baseline growth including upsell, renewals and retention
- Partner with Customer Success on overall account health, strategic planning and progress
- Consistently seek new Enterprise business opportunities by presenting, recommending and upselling new DocuSign products, services and partner solutions
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools
- Strategically influence, navigate, maintain and manage small set of key accounts with a high current spend to DocuSign
- 12+ years of direct enterprise level sales experience in a quota-carrying software sales role
- 15+ years of enterprise level SaaS sales experience preferred, ideally within cloud-based technology within Healthcare & Life Sciences – includes experience managing multi-state territories and customers
- Prior experience managing a set of large, key accounts
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles, including prior success in closing 1M deals and managing multiple large accounts
- Strong portfolio of C-Level contacts within Enterprise Accounts across a variety of accounts
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.