Corporate Communications Specialist
Discord is on a mission to help everyone find belonging by creating a new kind of communications service that puts users first, is built with integrity, and improves the lives of the people and communities it serves.
What started as a place for people to hang out while playing games together online has become so much more. From artists connecting with fans to students collaborating in real-time and young entrepreneurs inventing the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, the Corporate Communications Specialist will play an essential role in our success by working with our agency partners and internal marketing teams to reach and inspire our audiences.
The role of the Communications team is to help shape and tell our story as we continue to serve the 150 million people (and counting!) who come to Discord every month. We are a pun-loving group of creative strategists that understands how communications positively contributes to Discord's mission. If that sounds like your vibe and you want to take your emoji game to 💯, you'll fit right in.
What You'll Be Doing
- Play an important role with team-wide and cross-functional partners through a combination of thought leadership, media relations, internal communications and trust & safety initiatives
- Contribute to planning and ideation around our biggest company milestones
- Cultivate and manage relationships with industry media
- Work with the various leaders and teams to help coordinate our weekly company-wide all-hands meetings, including scheduling speaker presentations across the organization and planning upcoming programming
- Support the wider communications team in the execution and monitoring of communications activities and day-to-day tasks such as developing communications materials, drafting internal announcements, managing media assets, supporting our awards program, and managing our coverage reporting process
You’ll Thrive In This Role If...
- 3+ years experience developing successful corporate communications programs and campaigns
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Agency or in-house experience
- A passion for connected, impactful storytelling that educates and inspires
- Experience consulting, advising, presenting to, and partnering with teams
- Experience working with agencies – from creation to execution
- Experience and an interest in the tech and business media landscape
- A creative mentality when it comes to finding solutions
- Experience presenting to and consulting with an executive audience
- Knowledge of the Discord product and audience
- A love for culture and interest in current events
- Understanding of communication strategies from a global and local perspective
- Experience identifying and assessing communication risks
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16 paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out. If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!