Business Resilience Director (f/m/d)
About the opportunity
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources to all forms of security and resilience.
We are looking for a committed and driven Business Resilience Director to lead global business continuity and physical security efforts across Contentful. As the Business Resilience Director, you will be a member of the security leadership team and will work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to design, implement, and maintain continuity, disaster response, and crisis management programs.
What to expect?
- Create, maintain, and own business continuity planning (BCP), physical security, and crisis management strategies including policies, procedures, response playbooks, and user awareness.
- Collaborate with response teams to develop methodologies for assessing, identifying, mitigating, and responding to risks that can impact normal operations.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including the Executive Leadership Team, understand their roles and responsibilities and conduct regular training, ongoing maintenance, and ensure completion of testing activities including tabletop exercises.
- Own the entirety of the business resiliency lifecycle including methodologies for conducting regular business impact analysis (BIA) and alignment of resilience requirements to business goals.
- Support Contentful business units in formulating responses to business disruptions and ensure technology stakeholders complete disaster recovery plans and BIA for relevant systems and services.
- Incorporate new locations, functions, systems and processes into the business continuity program by consulting on physical security, system criticality, data classification requirements and recovery objectives.
- Provide executive reporting on overall business resilience program status, effectiveness and corrective action activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop physical security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Create and maintain resources to inform of risks associated with employee travel and commercial expansion to geographical regions.
What you need to be successful?
- At least 6+ years of experience in BCP, physical security, and health & safety
- At least 3+ years experience in IT infrastructure operations
- Practical experience implementing BCP processes in line with ISO 22301 and 27001
- Experience in delivering business resilience training to a wide range of stakeholders
- Hands-on background with work area recovery solution design
- Proactive with strong ownership, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for creating, implementing, and maintaining programs
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with large teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often juggling multiple projects
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with NIST’s CSF and security incident management (physical and cyber)
- Familiarity with physical security architecture controls and processes
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company.
- We value Work-Life balance and flexibility! A generous combination of vacation
- days, trust-based work hours and the option to work from the home office/remotely.
- Use your personal education budget plus education days to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties.
- Share and navigate the excitement of your new role with your CFF (Contentful First Friend).
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/ #LI-MC1
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.