About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Benefits Specialist to join our passionate People Team. This role will report to the Compensation & Benefits Leader and will be responsible for the administration of global employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, disability, retirement plans, and perk programs.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced company during a period of rapid growth, where you will have an immediate impact by helping us manage and scale our benefits programs and wellness initiatives around the world. You will be fully dedicated to the wellbeing of our employees, while helping the company stay aligned to its strategic goals. What’s more, you get to work with bright, hard-working people who want to solve interesting problems.
If you describe yourself as a customer-centric team player who wants to help the business scale and grow, we want to hear from you!
What to expect?
- Partner with our benefits brokers, plan administrators, carriers and venders to set up and administer competitive benefits plans
- Provide day to day benefits support to employees and be the first point of contact on benefits queries and issues
- Manage US leaves of absence (including disability, FMLA, parental leave, etc)
- Review our benefits plans regularly to ensure compliance, competitiveness and alignment with company strategy and growth plans
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process in the US
- Analyze program usage and effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements
- Lead benefits communication efforts to ensure employee awareness, education and understanding (including written communications and presentations)
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of experience administering US benefits programs
- Strong experience with leave of absence administration
- A solid understanding of legislation and compliance items related to benefits and leave administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to empathize
- Strong sense of urgency and a customer-first mindset
- Experience managing leaves and open enrollment in an HRIS system (such as Workday) a plus
- International (non-US) benefits experience or exposure a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $90,000 - $95,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.