Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Accounting, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will work with various cross functional teams within the Company and requires someone with impeccable attention to detail, a financial and analytic mindset and knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process (billing and collections). The position also offers cross-functional support to other team members involved in accounting transaction processing and assists the department during period-end closing, budgeting, and audits. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Support monthly billing and collections, including preparing invoices, cash application and collections efforts
- Record daily, month end journal entries and perform reconciliations for various AR and subscription revenue related accounts
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the month end close
- Support revenue accounting with contract review and related monthly activities to ensure compliance with ASC 606 and GAAP
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for assigned tasks
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting or in tech/startup accounting environment
- Bachelors degree
- CPA equivalent preferred