APAC Program Manager
Posted on 3/5/2021
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. We drive cross-functional alignment, create process efficiency, and deliver initiatives on the required timeline through consistent milestone planning and tracking.
As the Program Manager, you will make strategic recommendations on prioritization; create and track project plans for various work streams related to APAC product strategy; and ensure effective communication between the Coinbase’s APAC entities and Coinbase Global colleagues.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Participate in communication streams with the APAC Country Managers, local regulators, banking partners, international strategy, and product to drive accountability and progress
- Take clear notes, and deliver follow-up items to stakeholders, proactively track milestones, identify risks, gaps in communication or coverage, facilitate communication for leadership stakeholders
- Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Create thorough functional documents, project / release plans, and roadmap gantt charts to keep the team on track and coordinated
- Work with each team to strategically prioritize tasks and track key deliverables
- Support Coinbase Global colleagues in creating deliverables in Japanese (if fluent)
- Take ownership of projects without clear DRIs with buy in from your manager
- Act as a bridge across different timezones + cultures, ensuring effective communication between local APAC teams and US/Europe stakeholders
- Support the creation of the medium/long-term international strategy by ensuring local expertise from your APAC stakeholders is included
- As a first project: Support the Japanese local team to enable successful completion of upcoming market objectives by providing local timezone program management support.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- English fluency
- 5-7+ project or program management experience
- Excellent communicator - can express controversial opinions to managers + higher level colleagues
- Have proven track record of managing large-scale projects
- Superb at prioritization + upward management
- Experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
- Adept at solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Experience working at a tech company or has track record of quickly ramping up on complex projects
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves:
- Japanese fluency
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management
- Knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Experience with Payments, Financial Services, Regulatory or Compliance initiatives
- Additional APAC language fluency
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.