Asset Listing Researcher
Posted on 2/22/2021
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Study blockchain projects to understand their use cases;
- Research the backing technology and susceptibility to blockchain analysis;
- Perform due diligence on UBOs, founders and project teams;
- Evaluate their risks from Compliance perspective;
- Develop and execute on methodology for rating assets;
- Present your findings and recommendations for Digital Asset Listing Group consideration;
- Own and maintain periodic review of assets to ensure highest compliance standards;
- Conduct proactive research, including ad hoc due diligence and special projects;
- Remain current with industry developments including blockchain trends, network protocols, actors scene, and applicable regulation;
- Feedback loop research findings to improve investigative tools and compliance controls;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- A well-organized self-starter who is able to constantly learn and work autonomously;
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information;
- Effective interpersonal and time management skills;
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication prowess;
- OSINT expertise and investigative mentality;
- Working knowledge of blockchains and various network protocols;
- B.A./B.S. degree or higher;
- Prior experience in conducting OSINT and project audit;
- Working knowledge of banking, money service business and regulations including BSA, Patriot Act, Treasury’s AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, etc.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of main blockchain protocols & chain tracking;
- Familiarity with blockchain analysis tools;
- SQL, Python or other languages are advantageous;
- Working knowledge of either: Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Spanish;
- CAMS certification or equivalent;
- Experience from a cryptocurrency exchange is a plus.
Coinbase is the easiest place to buy and sell crypto. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world. For support: @CoinbaseSupportApply here