Director, Billing Systems
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a leader to join the Checkrs Corporate Engineering team as Director, Billing Systems. In this role, you will be responsible for leading, designing, and implementing various system initiatives aligned to Checkrs Quote to cash and Billing platform. Director will partner closely with the monetization, order management team, finance, and customer support team and drive the implementation of a world-class subscription billing and management solution. In addition to being organized and analytical, He/She will be a great team player and communicate effectively with all organization levels.
- Lead the business systems team to build a highly scalable billing system. You will be responsible for the Billing System’s overall architecture, design, systems, configurations, and integrations with 3rd party software.
- You will have expert knowledge and hands-on experience with Quoting, Billing, Taxation, Revenue Recognition, and System Integration.
- Work closely with the Monetization & Billing Engineering, Revenue Operations, Finance, and customer support teams in streamlining the end-to-end billing process and bring efficiencies to the monthly close process.
- Act as solution architect for initiatives and programs related to enhancing sales and other business initiatives.
- Assist technical teams in solution design, solution architecture, prototyping, proofs-of-concept, and development tasks as required for the program.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers, peers, and business stakeholders
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or higher education degree
- 10+ years of experience leading, design and implementing CPQ & Subscription billings systems.
- Expert understanding of CPQ capabilities, best practices, design patterns, limitations, and the ability to articulate those to stakeholders.
- Hand-on implementation experience driving large enterprise Billing projects, especially with systems such as Salesforce/Zuora/Aria
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Netsuite, Mulesoft, Data Warehouse platforms, BI, and other enterprise business systems required.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment and feel comfortable navigating through ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of Internal Controls and key application controls a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.