Business Development Representative
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 600th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What's it like on the sales team at Bench?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Business Development Representative, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You’ll have targets to meet individually and as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination to push growth within Bench. If you’re looking to gain experience in B2B sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people’s lives, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some of the things you'll be getting up to:
- Building and working in a small innovative Flex Sales team to quickly pivot and grow our larger sales org, flexing into different sales teams as business needs require
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Actively managing a pipeline of leads on Salesforce to achieve target appointment bookings
- Mastering three levels of prospects ranging from low, medium, and high intent
- Being the first point of contact for any potential new Bench Client
- Mastering core sales skills to prepare for growth into new parts of the business
- Helping one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
You’ll fit in well if you:
- Have previous self-prospecting experience
- You like to challenge the status quo, tackle problems creatively, and drive long term growth
- Are agile in the face of change and adjust quickly to new challenges
- Are goal oriented and consistently strive to overachieve
- Are resilient to the highs and lows of sales and use challenges to motivate yourself to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and aren't afraid to provide feedback and ideas to push the team to new limits
- Can contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
- Be able to communicate and annunciate clearly and articulately on the phone. (Have a non-North American accent? Is English your second language? We love that. Clarity is what we're after
The extra details:
- Competitive base salary and monthly uncapped commission (55k OTE) available!
- We’re currently fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This role will sit on our flex sales team. This team will be ready to support all parts of the GTM, including our inbound and outbound sales teams, at the drop of the hat!
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.