Application Security Manager
Posted on 2/22/2021
Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. We're building a world-class cybersecurity team, seeking the brightest minds to innovate and create real solutions that solve the challenges facing the internet community. To accomplish this, our team will be performing research, serving as subject matter experts, and presenting our work at conferences.
We are looking for an Application Security Manager to own the Application Security team including roadmaps and technical strategies, innovative tooling, research, and processes. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative AppSec strategies and develop a best in class AppSec program.
What you will do
- Manage and build the application security team including creating the team’s roadmaps and priorities
- Hire, mentor, and provide strategic direction to the application security team
- Build out the application security strategy within Airtable, laying the foundation for future proofing the product. This will include bringing in new processes (e.g. SDLC, SLAs) and tooling (e.g. SAST, DAST)
- Partner with engineering and product leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- Play the role of key individual contributor working hands on in critical application security initiatives whilst the team grows
Who you are
- Minimum of 8 years relevant application/product security experience with technical hands on AppSec skills and a deep understanding of various AppSec strategies and their trade offs
- Minimum of 2 years team leadership experience
- Worked in high growth, cloud native companies
- Significant experience in cloud security architecture and infrastructure (our current stack is all AWS, running containers inside EC2 instances we manage, configured via Terraform and Chef. There are also some Lambdas in use and we expect to have more in the future)
- You have experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating an excellent team
- You have strong communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions for your customers
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.