Corporate Counsel, Commercial
San Francisco, CA or Remote within California
Posted on 3/2/2021
Airtable’s legal team is helping Airtable democratize software creation by providing proactive, realistic, and strategic advice that drives maximum business impact and reflects Airtable’s integrity, creativity, and courage.
This Corporate Counsel position presents a unique opportunity to be a part of our founding and fast-growing legal team! We are looking to add a superstar who can drive our contracting processes and solve a variety of legal and business challenges within a fast-moving, focused, and collaborative environment.
What you'll do
- Review, negotiate, and close commercial agreements, including software subscription agreements, data processing agreements, data security agreements, NDAs, and vendor agreements
- Create and execute on contracting strategies that optimize for our business objectives and decrease time to value
- Help build and maintain contracting playbooks, contract templates and clause libraries, legal process wikis, and other tools to help scale the legal function
- Develop and track metrics to help Airtable manage legal risk in creative and focused ways
- Lead or participate in projects to increase the efficiency of commercial legal support
- Advise business partners on a range of legal issues and risks, with a particular focus on commercial matters
- Help ensure Airtable’s commercial relationships comply with federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations
- Collaborate with teams across Airtable, including sales, revenue operations, product, finance, and procurement
- Create and deliver training to help educate internal business partners
Who you are
- You have a JD or foreign equivalent with membership in at least one state bar
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a practicing attorney, including in-house experience with a SaaS or other technology company
- You love being a commercial lawyer and have extensive experience with technology agreements
- You’re able to draft documents, policies, emails, and anything else in a precise and digestible manner
- You’re flexible, resourceful, and solution-oriented. You are excited to help a growing company define its legal identity, to build process and repeatability where there is none. You’re both comfortable saying you don’t have the answer, and confident that you can then go find it.
- You possess organizational and project management skills, and are able to execute, prioritize, and stay focused in an environment that is expanding and evolving.
- You have high integrity and excellent judgment, are a clear and thoughtful communicator, and are able to be both strategic and detail-oriented.
- You’re skilled at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.