Posted on 7/11/2020
Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal for this role is to take a data-science centric approach to identify and drive solutions to completion to fight fraud and abuse actors at scale to protect our platform and customers.
What you'll do
- Be part of a new security team building from the ground up.
- Work with security, data science and platform engineering teams to build models to identify fraud, abuse and other security threats in our environment.
- Develop offline models and work with engineering to productize into [near] real-time product features.
- Work with program management, engineering and the security team to make your work actionable and have an impact on protecting our platform and customers.
- Collaborate with our operation teams of Airtable employees and contractors to develop and tag features in abuse reports that can be fed into data science solutions.
- Work with leadership to quantify program successes and metrics.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s (bonus for Master’s or PhD) in a scientific, engineering, quantitative, or equivalent field and 5+ years related experience.
- Knowledge of abuse in modern SaaS applications including platform and computing resource abuse, payment fraud and phishing.
- Experience with modern data science languages such as Python, R, and SQL (bonus points for TypeScript).
- Ability to apply machine learning principles including supervised and unsupervised algorithms to identify patterns of interest and work to make those findings actionable.
- Knowledge of data normalization\modeling at scale to apply machine learning and other techniques to identify unusual patterns in our platform for internal and external use-cases.
- Experience working with data from various sources including AWS Athena, Redshift, Mode, and Elastic.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.