Posted on 7/11/2020
Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build a detection platform to detect and respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive logging and detections to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators correctly in the face of hostile action.
What you'll do
- Be part of a new security team building up from the ground up. Airtable is growing fast, real fast! We’re building an extension of our San Francisco-based security team in Austin, and you can help us be at the ground-level of that build-out!
- Develop our security log aggregation and detection system (SIEM) for our corporate and production environments.
- Build-up Cyber Incident Response Processes and Procedures.
- Investigate Cyber Security Incidents and build-up automated workflows to help resolve issues at scale with minimal manual intervention.
- Build out security detection logic to characterize normal and abnormal behavior in a public-cloud SaaS based environment.
- Work with Engineering, IT and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right tools and visibility in place.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering, IT related field or equivalent and 3+ years related experience (bonus points for Master's in a technical field).
- You have in-depth knowledge of security issues at many levels of a modern computing stack - both in a MacOS corporate and AWS based production environment.
- You're an expert in modern log aggregation and SIEM solutions including building advanced features and tackling the scale challenges of these platforms.
- You understand the security logging needs of an AWS, SaaS platform and macOS based environments.
- You can hunt down and eliminate visibility gaps with ease -- by implementing fixes, extending loggers or working with other engineering teams to implement.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a $100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.