Android Software Engineer, SamaraTweet about this!
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Samara is a product development team at Airbnb. We build products and services that extend Airbnb beyond travel into everyday life. Our aspiration is to create revolutionary experiences that enable new ways of living through Airbnb.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the future here at Samara. With your experience developing and shipping software on android, you’ll help build the core of our emerging products and services. This hands-on development role requires broad technical knowledge, the ability to work across product lines, and strong collaborations with cross-functional teams.
- Apply your technical experience to design, develop, release, and maintain software solutions for Samara’s emerging products and services
- Build flexible, maintainable, and scalable solutions using a variety of technologies
- Collaborate with teammates and cross-functional partners through all phases of product development
- Up-level your teammates and yourself, provide and receive technical guidance, help refine team development practices
- You have 4+ years of industry experience delivering production software in at least one of: android applications, services, or kernel; IOT products and applications
- You have contributed to the design, implementation, and deployment of one or more long term initiatives
- You have a strong understanding of general application structure, experience with client/server interactions and asynchronous programming models
- You deliver intuitive APIs, maintainable code, unit tests, and other engineering best practices
- You have experience developing in a variety of languages, including production experinece in at least one of: Java, C++, Kotlin
- You have worked with engineering and other cross-functional partner teams on one or more projects
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience