Android Software Engineer, Special ProjectsTweet about this!
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer on the Special Projects team, you’ll help build the future here at Airbnb. With your experience developing and shipping software on android, you’ll develop the features and technologies that drive our emerging products. This hands-on development role requires broad technical knowledge, the ability to work across product components, and strong collaborations with partner teams.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Applying your technical experience to design, develop, release, and maintain software solutions related to emerging products and services
- Building flexible, maintainable, and scalable solutions using a variety of technologies
- Collaborating with teammates and cross-functional partners through all phases of product development
- Up-leveling your teammates and yourself, provide and receive technical guidance, help refine team development practices
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years industry experience delivering production software in at least one of: android applications, services, or kernel; IOT products and applications
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience developing in a variety of languages, including production experience in at least one of: Java, C++, Kotlin
- Experience contributing to the design, implementation, and deployment of one or more long term initiatives
- Strong understanding of general application structure, experience with client/server interactions and asynchronous programming models
- Ability to deliver intuitive solutions, maintainable code, unit tests, and other engineering best practices